Registering is the first step to voting. You can check your registration status, update your registration, or register for the first time using the resources below.
Who Can Register to Vote
Requirements for registering to vote in [Insert: County]:
- You’re a U.S. citizen
- You live in [Insert: County]
- You’ll be at least 18 years old before or on election day
- You’re not in prison or on parole for a felony
- A court has not found you to be mentally incompetent
You may pre-Register to vote if you are 16 or 17 years old, and meet all of the other eligibility requirements to vote. You will automatically be registered to vote on your 18th birthday.
When Should I Re-Register?
When to re-register to vote:
- You move
- You change your name
- You change your political party preference
- You haven’t voted in the past four years
The process to re-register is the same as the process to register to vote. You can re-register online or re-register by mail.
Deadline to Register or Re-register
In [Insert: State], the deadline to register to vote is 15 days before election day. That means the deadline to register for the [Insert: Date] election is [Insert: Date]. Please register early!